Happy Hunger Games: Girl on Fire


Hey! It's Karly here posting about my Happy Hunger Games Tour look!
I am a HUGE fan of the Hunger Games. When the books came out I was very hesitant to read them because of the craze that kind of followed, and after Twilight (sorry, no Twilight fans here...) I really cringed at the thought of another series I wouldn't enjoy and would waste my precious reading time on.
Then my mum started telling me how much the main character reminded her of me (first book Katniss) and I could not resist reading them to find out. Then obviously I couldn't put the books down and a new fan was born!
I was very excited when Marissa stated she was going to have a Hunger Games tour. The Giveaway is just amazing (which do NOT forget to enter!)

The prize pack includes:
I  LOVE the styles and designs in the Hunger Games movies and you will be seeing future inspired outfits from me in the future, but today I am sharing our "Girl On Fire" look. 


My inspiration was from Katniss spinning and her (pretend) wedding dress catching on fire and changing.
I used the Uptown/Downtown dress and the new (free) expansions. I knew the cowl was perfect for this. Then I went about using RIT dyes to try and do the color ombre effect of her dress going up into flames. I love dying fabric, just in case it wasn't obvious. 


I was hoping for the red and black to be more dark, but it didn't quite work. Although Paisley absolutely loves the more pink color. We are going to have so many of these dresses in our wardrobes!


I know we are semi crossing movies using Merida's bow in our shoot, but it's the only bow we own. I also may have had her use my knitting needle as an arrow.....
So that's our Girl On Fire look.
Don't forget to enter the giveaway and check out Marissa's blog for the other amazing stops on her tour!



6 comments:

  1. I love how it turned out! Plus the dress looks super cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing!! I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa!!! My girls were fighting over it, so total win! :D

      Delete
  3. I love how this turned out you did an amazing job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! This is one pattern that I know I will make over and over again. And I love dying clothing!!

      Delete